Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Face: REN Masks



I've been trying out these beautiful numbers from REN for a couple of weeks and I'm impressed! I generally feel face masks do a lot for my skin, but these two babies are just incredible.
I always use them in conjunction, first I use the REN Glyocolactic Radiance Renewal Mask and I follow up with the REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask. This method makes is hard to tell which one of the two masks has given me the most results, but I'm not really too bothered as I feel they both do a lot for my skin.


The REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask has Glycolic, Lactic, Citric, Tartaric and fruit acids in it, which are ingredients that will exfoliate your skin chemically, so you don't have to scrub your skin, what can be harsh sometimes. The mask is supposed to remove dead skin cells and boost cell renewal. Your skin should look brighter, healthier and more radiant. It should also helps with congestion, blackheads and blemishes. Now for me, this masks has really made the difference, my overall skin tone has really improved. I have less scars from previous blemishes and less discolouration. I don't suffer from congestion as badly as I used to and my skin just generally looks healthier. The other day my sister commented that my skin looked really good so this mask must be doing something right. I also must add that it smells AMAZING, really nice, fresh and citrusy.

The Invisible Pores Detox Mask is targeted at drawing out impurities, reducing the appearance of pores and blackhead and generally smoothing your skin. For me it definitely has helped with blackheads and congested skin. I used to have a lot of congestion around my chin and that has almost completely disappeared. As for reducing the appearance of pores, I don't really think I can tell a difference - but I don't really have the biggest pores to start with. I apply this mask only on the areas that need it - forehead, nose, chin - and leave it to dry for about 15 minutes before I take it off with a muslin cloth. I do find that it leaves my skin feeling a little tight afterwards, as most clay masks do, so I just follow up with a really good moisturiser.

Have you tried any products by REN? Do you have any recommendations? Let me know!


Love, Alissia x

2 comments:

  1. These both sound lovely, I've never tried anything from REN. Lovely post :) xxx
    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely skincare brands, free of any nasty ingredients :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I'll answer all of your questions if you have any! x