Sunday 28 July 2013

The Tools: Everyday Makeup Brushes



When it comes to everyday makeup I stick with less is more or rather less makeup is more time in bed. I do however still apply everything with brushes instead of with fingers, as I do prefer the finish it gives and some things are just hard applying with fingers - think bronzer/eyeliner.


For my base I use either the Real Techniques Buffing Brush or the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I prefer the stippling brush for a light coverage foundation or a tinted moisturiser, as it really applies a very sheer layer. For powder foundations I prefer the buffing brush, to really buff the powder in to the skin and give it a seamless finish. Both these brushes are equally good, I've washed them a zillion times and not one hair has shed and there extremely soft and not too bad for the bank.

To blend out concealer I switch up brushes, but at the moment I'm loving the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to do the job.

Some days when I'm using a light foundation I like to finish off my base by powdering, for that I use the Real Techniques Powder Brush, it is a bit huge, so for dry to normal skinned gals I wouldn't recommend this one, but for us oily sisters it's great, as it covers a lot of skin in minimal time - we have to keep those minutes in bed to the maximum, remember!

If I feel like adding a little colour to my face, I'll use the Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply some bronzer.

On the rare occasion that I feel like faffing around with gel eyeliner in the mornings I use the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Liner Brush. I just dot little points between my lashes and blend it out with a cotton bud. Does the job for me.

I'd highly recommend each and every one of these brushes, as I do think they are really great, especially the Real Techniques ones as they are a bit more budget friendly!

Which brushes do you use on a daily basis?


Love, Alissia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I'll answer all of your questions if you have any! x