Monday 30 September 2013

The Makeup: Autumnal Lips I



Oh I love autumn. Not only is it the time of year when I love to snuggle up in comfy knitwear, I also get to wear my favourite kind of lips. Berry shades. 

As you can see, I've gathered quite a collection of berry shades over the years. Some are sheer, some are opaque, some are deep berries and some are lighter. 

Let's start with the top one, one of my favourite every day shades. Revlon ColorBurst Lipbutter in Berry Smoothie. This is such an easy one to wear. Glides on very easily, if you're skilled you won't even need a mirror and it feels very nice and hydrating on the lips. With the Revlon Lipbutters you will have to re-apply a couple of times throughout the day. 

Next is another Revlon Lipbutter in Rasberry Pie, this one is slightly darker and brighter than Berry Smoothie, but still very wearable. 

Another sheer one is one of my all time favourites, Chanel Coco Shine in Bonheur. This shade is probably the closest to my natural lip shade, so one I grab a lot on a daily basis. It's very sheer and hydrating and has a little bit of sparkle. 

Next is one most of you probably have heard of before. MAC Plumful is a lustre finish, so still quite sheer but buildable. A bit deeper in colour than Berry Smoothie and Bonheur, but still very wearable for everyone. This one too is very easy to wear as it is very smooth and hydrating on the lips. 

Lastly are two more 'out there' shades. MAC Rebel and Topshop Called Up. Rebel is the darkest of the two and more purple than Called Up. It is also the hardest to wear. It's a Satin finish so quite dry on the lips. It will last very long though. Called Up is the easier one to wear as it is very creamy on the lips, but still gives an opaque and lasting colour. 

So there you have it, all my berry lipsticks. 
Which one is your favourite? 
PS: Keep your eyes pealed for a Red Autumnal Lips soon! 


Love, Alissia x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I'll answer all of your questions if you have any! x